Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fuzzy Tongues

A while back, my mom gave us a book called "That's Not My Puppy." It's about a little mouse looking for her puppy, but each dog she encounters either has a tail that's too fluffy, or ears that are too shaggy, etc. Linguist mom appreciates the adjective instruction, and Baby enjoys patting the aforementioned shaggy ears.


In a book store the other day, I noticed another book in the series: "That's Not My Dragon." Now THAT is a book we needed in our family library. As you can see, Joy was as eager to devour it as I was.


The book was both fun and educational. For example, I was aware that dragons could have scaly wings and knobby claws, but who knew they could have fuzzy tongues? The things you learn from children's literature.

3 comments:

Janie said...

She is getting so big! It's great she loves books - what a bonus! She is darling!!!!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oooh. A dragon book with parts you can feel? Sign me up for one o' them!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - the Tufty Ears page is my favorite. :)

Janie & Andrew - your little guy is a cutie, too. World class smiler, that one.