Sunday, June 3, 2007

Dentaphilia

I don't know if "dentaphilia" is the actual medical term for obsession with teeth (or even if such a term exists), but whatever you call such an ailment, I've definitely got it. I'm constantly staring at my baby's new incisors, I feel compelled to tell total strangers about them, and I've been struggling to get a good picture of them for the past two weeks.

Unfortunately, as those of you with children and cameras know all too well, trying to take a good baby picture is sort of like trying to photograph Bigfoot (i.e. well nigh impossible).

My perseverance finally paid off today, though. Joy was in a smiley mood, and I was able to snap a picture of her semi-toothy grin.


And here's the close-up we've all been waiting for. Thanks for sharing your smile, Joy.

5 comments:

Sheree in GA said...

(This is NOT Sheree)

Kim, your daughter is so precious... Can't wait to see her at the reunion this month!!

Cousin James

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Ditto, James. I think the last time I saw you, you were a deacon. :) How time flies.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Ooooh! Look at them little biters! Congratulations, guys. :) Soon she'll be eating solid food, then carrying on conversations about imaginary friends... Good times, folks. I hope you're enjoying every moment. :)

CJ said...

Great picture, and great smile! I remember being just that excited when G sprouted her first 2 teeth. Congratulations Mom & baby on the successful tooth sproutage!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Joy graciously thanks you all for your support and best wishes. :)