Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Cheesy Date

Daddy and I went on a cheesy date this week.
Our first cheese board is wearing out, so we bought a new one
and headed to The Concord Cheese Shop (after confirming that it was actually open)
to choose a few cheeses for our new board's maiden voyage.


Half the fun of the cheese shop is reading the descriptive name tags.
If I was encouraging a fellow human to try something new,
I doubt I'd gush about it having the "flavor of hay,"
but maybe that's a selling point for some people.


After reading this tag, I just had to go look up cheese crystallization.
Apparently, well-aged cheese sometimes forms little crystals
as lactic acid molecules bind together.
This cheese did indeed have tiny little crunchy spots in it.
They were kind of fun to find, but I probably wouldn't have even noticed them
if I hadn't been paying attention.


This Italian cheese's tag proudly proclaims it to be "The Parade Cheese."

Me: What parade?

Google: Every December, this cheese shop hosts a small parade 
celebrating the arrival of a 400-pound cheese wheel they buy from Italy.
 The tenth year they did it, they imported a half-ton cheese wheel.


Tasty morsels + cheese-nerd trivia =
a really fun date!

No comments: