Saturday, May 14, 2022

May Flowers

A few of the trees in our front yard are kind of scraggly-looking.
Sometimes I wonder why the former owners planted them.


Then spring comes along, and the pretty flowers answer my question.


April is when a lot of plants wake up around here,
and May is when many of them bloom,
like these flowers I saw
in the grass near our library today . . .


. . . and these ones blooming on a canvas at a local cafe.


I have great respect for painters who can reproduce what they see
in nearly photographic detail,
but I also love when an artist brushes simple strokes of color onto a canvas
and creates a minimalist scene that is still recognizable
and beautiful.

Maybe I like that style because it seems likes something
I might actually be able to do someday.

No comments: