Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Two Years Later

We're coming up on the second anniversary of the COVID shutdown in our area . . .


. . . and the shelves in Trader Joe's look about like they did two years ago when people were hoarding things.  TJ's has had a lot of supply chain issues lately.


Market Basket looks a bit better, but that's partly because they fill empty spots on their shelves with similar products that they have in stock.  A week or two ago, I thought I was going crazy because the cereal shelves looked completely full, but I couldn't find the brand I was looking for.  Turns out the store had just filled every empty spot with extra Honey Bunches of Oats.


 When I came home from the store with a dozen out-of-stock items still on my grocery list for next week, I spotted these robins feasting on whatever that fruit is that's falling from one of our trees.  They may not have their favorite foods either while the ground is covered with snow, but they have enough to get by and even thrive, and so do we.

No comments: