Friday, March 25, 2022

Teaching an Old Mom New Tricks

 Recently, I started feeling kind of tired of my haircut.


It looked OK on a good day, but I didn't love it, and some days it looked downright unruly.


I got it trimmed this week, and I liked how it turned out, 
but I wondered how much of that was because of the haircut itself, 
and how much was due to the fact that my hair was blow-dried by a professional.  
I was afraid I'd wash it and discover it was really just a shorter version of my old haircut, 
and I wouldn't be able to replicate how the stylist styled it.


So I washed it, combed it, and let it dry, and here's how it turned out.  
This is definitely NOT wash-and-wear hair.
Wait a minute while I head over to YouTube and search
"how to blow dry a bob haircut."

[Cue the Jeopardy music]


Hey, not bad!  I guess if I can learn to give myself a decent haircut
I can learn how to use a round brush and blow dryer
in my forties too.

Who says you can't teach an old mom new tricks?

No comments: