Saturday, October 26, 2019

Our New Caticorn

I took the girls shopping for Halloween costumes this afternoon.


We found some butterfly wings for Joy, and I seriously considered getting this costume for myself.  In retrospect, I kinda wish I had.  Maybe next year.


As we were walking through Target, Joy saw this large caticorn (cat + unicorn) squishmallow.  She recently gave away her cat squishmallow Lilli to a younger friend because Joy found it hard to be creative with a toy based on a real creature (I felt the same way as a child--I preferred My Little Ponies over Barbies because it was easier for me to make up fantasies about toys that weren't based on something real).  This lavender caticorn is exactly what she was looking for.


We brought it home with us, and Joy named her Andromeda (I asked if I could call her Andy or Drama for short, and Joy said absolutely not).  Joy and Andromeda have been inseparable ever since.  They do homework together . . .


. . .  and chores too.


Andromeda has been enthusiastically accepted into our little squishmallow tribe, and Joy has already devised a costume for her. She's going to be an apple, and she looks pretty happy about that.

No comments: