Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween on Spartan Arrow Rd

Happy Halloween!


This week has been so busy that today was the first time our family could sit down and carve pumpkins together.  I cleaned them all out before the kids got home from school . . .


. . . then Daddy came home from work a little early so we could carve them before dinner.  Everyone is old enough to carve their own jack-o-lantern now except Todd (although he did draw his own design for me to carve this year).


Joy meticulously created a pumpkiny homage to Andromeda and her little sister Luna.


As each jack-o-lantern was completed, I lit it and set it out on our porch to welcome . . . 


. . . the dozens of trick-or-treaters who visited our door this evening.  This mob of costumed kids was a new experience for us, since our family is used to living in rental communities where we could count each year's trick-or-treaters on one hand.  Tonight, I tasked Chef Daniel with handing out treats while I put dinner on the table (note to self: eat dinner early on 10/31 next year), then I gave out candy while Daddy took the kids trick-or-treating.  I'll think I'll go with them next year, so I can get to know our neighbors better.

No comments: