Friday, December 21, 2018

Remembering My Dad

I find myself thinking of my dad a lot lately.


This week, when the kids were playing a wild game they'd made up, Anna was tossing things very aggressively, and someone commented that she was being "really competitive like Papa, who always tried to shoot the moon when he played Hearts."


I also think of my dad when I see electric candles in the windows of people's homes.  Those candles are a popular holiday decoration on the East Coast at Christmas time, and they remind me of my dad, who hated to hang Christmas lights on our house (but dutifully did it for years, because he knew Mom loved it).  See, Dad?  All you needed to do was move to Maryland and stick some electric candles in our windows, and you'd have the Christmas light thing totally covered. :)

No comments: