Saturday, December 29, 2018

A Town Tour and a Junior Piano Teacher

We spent most of yesterday unpacking.  We've still got lots of boxes to go through, but today we all agreed that we needed to get out of the apartment for a while, so I took my family on a tour of our new town.


We visited the kids' schools, an orchard where you can pick your own apples (in autumn), and the beach at Long Lake.


Our penultimate stop was Gourmet Donuts, so we could take them to the park and see if they were any good.  The kids loved their peanut butter cup donuts, and my Boston cream was divine . . .


. . . but Phillip was underwhelmed by his apple fritter (after sampling a bite, I agreed with him).


The park was a fun place with a jungle gym shaped like a castle.  We played there until some of us started getting too cold.


Back at home, Daniel and Anna decided that Daniel will be Anna's piano teacher until we find another professional one.


I think that's pretty cool. :)

No comments: