Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Trees and Baby Chick

This evening our family took a little drive . . .


. . . back to the Washington DC Temple.  Daniel wanted to tour the Visitor Center after our photo shoot yesterday, but we didn't have time so we promised to come back today.


Here are Daniel and Anna showing off their "Junior Missionary" stickers in front of the Christus statue.  At the last moment, Joy decided she did NOT want to be in the photo, and tried to exit stage right.  I ultimately persuaded her to come back for a few more pictures, but I'll spare you the ironic photos of a sulky child named Joy.


The Visitor Center was decorated with several beautiful Christmas trees.  Is there such thing as a Christmas tree missionary in charge of decorating trees in visitor centers?  I could totally see my mom being called on a Christmas-tree-decorating mission someday.


One of trees had dolls representing different nations of the world.  It was fun to find the dolls for Uruguay, where I served my mission.


During our visit we were treated to a Christmas choir performance . . .


. . . and we got to see our friends the Leavitts, who happened to be at the Visitor Center at the same time we were.  I love calling their youngest daughter by her nickname: Baby Chick. :)

No comments: