Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Egg Speckles and Swirls

Tonight was Easter egg dyeing night at our home.


I opted for the speckled egg technique again, because I think it's fun, easy, and less messy than the usual submersion method.  Incidentally, we learned that dry beans and popcorn kernels work better than rice, because rice absorbs the food coloring rather quickly.


Joy made a few speckled eggs, then decided to branch out into finger painting.


Daddy preferred to color his eggs using a more traditional method.


Then we all had (too much) Easter candy for dessert (and I combed Todd's hair).  Also, if you're wondering about that kale in the vase, I'll explain that later this week.


I blew the egg whites and yolks out before we colored our eggs, and once the dye had dried I hung the eggs around our home as Easter decorations. :)

No comments: