Saturday, April 1, 2017

Conference Bingo and Happy Pudding

It's Conference Weekend again!  I love hearing hours of inspiring talks from God's prophet and apostles, but it has been hard to find a way to make Conference engaging for my kids.


The most helpful approach I've found so far is a variation of Conference Bingo.  I print off bingo sheets with a different Gospel topic in each square (e.g. prayer, resurrection, family), and when the kids hear one of those things mentioned in a talk they can place a checker on their sheet.  At the end of the session, they can choose a reward for every five checkers they've collected.  Rewards include snack packets (Cheez Its enjoy immense popularity), Gatorade bottles, and coupons to choose dinner or skip a chore on Saturday.  Anna still lost interest after the first few talks, but I figure even listening a little bit is a good start.  I'm impressed that Joy takes notes in most of the talks.


On a different note, since today was April Fool's Day, I stirred food coloring into vanilla pudding just for fun, and added some, uh, garnishes to make it look happy to see us.  

A little nonsense now and then 
Is relished by the wisest men.

No comments: