Monday, August 8, 2016

An Indoor Picnic and a Lucky Day

Joy proposed that we pack lunches and have a picnic outside today.  We were all set to go when it started to rain . . . 


. . . so we had a picnic indoors instead . . .


. . . then the kids took some random pictures with my camera.

Incidentally, some of you may know that I've been working really hard to get Anna admitted to kindergarten in our new town.  After months of effort, I finally got the news today that she can attend school this year.  Yay!!!

My dad has told me that in some Asian cultures, the number 8 is considered very lucky.  I'm not superstitious, but it makes me smile that we got Anna's great news on 8/8, a doubly lucky day.

1 comment:

LiminalDragonne said...

Out of curiosity, what was the hang up on her attending kindergarten?