Saturday, June 11, 2016

You've Got Mail, and a Python Book

Summer is a nice time for kids to play and take it easy, but Phillip and I also wanted to give them a few things to exercise their brains and keep boredom at bay.


Phillip gave Joy a Python for Kids programming book, which she is really enjoying (do you like the Creeper screen shot she uses for her desktop wallpaper?).


I asked the three oldest kids to write something after breakfast this week, and suggested that they could write in a journal, write a short story, or maybe write me a letter that I could answer.  They thought the letter idea was cool, and soon they were all writing letters to me and to each other.


Joy even made herself a mailbox . . .


. . . and devised a long-distance mail delivery system.  That's our inventive girl.

No comments: