Monday, April 6, 2015

A Temple and Lots of Games

We watched the Sunday sessions of General Conference at Pink Grandma's home today.  One of my favorite parts of today's sessions was when the Prophet announced that the Church will construct a temple in Haiti's capital.  I have had a soft spot in my heart for Haiti ever since I donated to its relief following the 2010 earthquake.  I am thrilled to know that the people of that impoverished country, who struggle to meet their families' most basic needs, will be able to receive the peace, inspiration, and sacred covenants of the temple.  I'm sure many families there who could never afford to travel to a temple abroad are excited to be sealed together for eternity.


As for the kids, Daniel spent Conference playing Sorry! against himself . . .


. . . and at some point in the day Joy made herself a St. Lucia crown like she read about in an American Girl book.


After Conference, we played croquet with Aunt Lara and her boyfriend Justin . . .


. . . then we bashed an Easter pinata or two. :)

No comments: