Saturday, February 21, 2015

Daniel, Monet, and Jonas

I volunteered to help with an art project in Daniel's kindergarten class today.


For the middle third of the school year, the school has an artist come into each class once a week and lead them in making an art project.  She gives them a little history about an artist or technique (the focus was on Monet today) then she instructs the kids how to make an art project step-by-step.


I don't know about you, but I'm impressed that my kindergartner produced this with his own two hands.


After art class, the kids paired up with their fourth-grade reading buddies.  I snapped a picture of Daniel reading with his buddy Jonas.  I think it's cool that the big kids at school get a chance to mentor the younger ones.  The little kids really enjoy it, and I'm sure Joy will like being a mentor after she starts third grade next year.

No comments: