Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Birthday Perks

Extended family gathered at our home this evening to celebrate Daniel's birthday.  Remember that chocolate sheet cake from the last post?  It's my Grandma's recipe (very similar to this one), and Daniel requested it again tonight.  Yeah--we're fans.  If I can figure out to how to make a vanilla version, I may never need another cake recipe in my life.


Daniel is getting old enough to appreciate (and read) the birthday cards in addition to his gifts.


Anna had fun dressing up with the ribbons.


We gave Daniel a scooter for his birthday, and he and Anna have enjoyed riding their scooters together outside (though Anna often becomes upset when Daniel passes her).  If I feel really adventurous later this week, I may let them ride their scooters when we walk to and from school.


For now, I'll just let them tool around the courtyard.

No comments: