Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Alpha-path and Joy's Quest for Knowledge

Joy's elementary school has their annual science fair coming up, so Joy decided to conduct an experiment with six items to see what would float and what would sink.


She guessed the things on the left would sink, the sponge in the middle would kind of float, and the things on the right would float.


As it turned out, only the straw sank.  Who'd have thought?


While Joy was conducting her research, Daniel and Anna exercised their brains by making an alphabet path to walk on together.  Though it may not appear so at first, the letters really are in the right order (the path doubles back on itself at the letter Q).

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Several, unrelated thoughts:

It makes me smile to see the Boppy hanging on the chair. It reminds me of the Boppy hanging out on our couch.

Those big alphabet letters are cool.

Joy is also cool. I like the science experiment.

I'm totally impressed with how toy-free your living room is. It is something that I aspire to.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yes, the Boppy is my friend. :)

I'm often surprised by the creative ways my kids play with those letters. They're actually big board books with corresponding words inside (e.g the T has Toy, Train, etc.), but they rarely get used as books. More often Anna likes to put the corresponding alphabet magnet on each big letter, or something like that. You really never know what toy a kid will like, and how they'll choose to use it.