Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trains Trump Parks

Most of the time when I take a walk with the kids . . .

. . . the view ahead of me looks like this . . .

. . . and the view behind me looks like this. It's not that Daniel can't keep up; he just usually prefers to take things a little slower. I guess Joy was the same way at his age.

This particular stroll took us to the train station, where we caught a train to a fun park.

The kids immediately set to work climbing and sliding.

Joy and I even played a game of Tic Tac Toe.

The biggest attraction, though, was the trains that came by every few minutes. Whenever the kids heard one pull into the station, they would drop whatever they were doing to go peer through the fence and watch the train disappear into a tunnel. Who'd have thought that a train would be more captivating than a playground?

2 comments:

Phillip said...

They're their Dad's children...just ask either of my parents about the trips we took when I was a kid into Cajon Pass to watch trains go by.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

If they're lucky, they'll sing as well as you do, too. :)