Monday, February 14, 2011

We Heart Heart Day

When I was single, I never happened to be dating anyone when Feb 14 rolled around, so I developed a certain antipathy toward Valentine's Day (or Singles Awareness Day, as I took to calling it). Now that I'm married and have kids, I find Valentine's Day both more meaningful and more fun.

This year Joy and I made valentines, . . .

. . . the kids and I attended a Valentine party (Joy is drawing a picture of Daddy on her valentine for him), . . .

. . . I stuck notes all over the house telling my sweetie things I love about him, . . .

. . . and we had special Valentine's Day cookies from Pink Grandma for our FHE treat. We also ate heart-shaped pancakes for dinner, but we were too hungry to take a photograph before we devoured every single one.

1 comment:

Serena said...

Did Philip actually read the notes? Alex would have not even noticed them LOL