Saturday, January 1, 2011

Donald Who?

Joy and I attended Disney on Ice with my family today.

Heather's excited; Sean's there for the food.

Joy's happy to be there, too, . . .

. . . she just wishes the concessions were cheaper (amen, Joy).

My favorite part was the Japanese number. I found it very soothing, perhaps because of the lavender lighting.

I also enjoyed watching the Zamboni clean the ice during intermission. Just knowing there is a machine called a Zamboni makes me happy for some reason.

Joy liked the performance well enough, but I think her favorite part was riding on Uncle Sean's shoulders after the show.

It's funny--I knew the Disney characters much better than she did because I grew up watching Disney movies, but as an adult I own mostly Pixar films so Joy only sees Disney stuff at friends' homes. She recognized Woody, Tinkerbell, and Mickey, but that was about it. I can't decide whether Joy is blessed or deprived by her limited exposure to the merchandising juggernaut that is Disney. Either way, I'm sure she'll survive.

No comments: