Thursday, December 23, 2010

Favorite Ornaments

Some people decorate Christmas trees with a certain theme or color scheme in mind. We are not those people. Our ornaments are a random assortment we've bought, received, inherited, won, you name it. And we love 'em.

Daddy's favorite is an olive wood nativity bell which I gave him early in our marriage. He always makes sure it's put in a prominent place.

My favorite is a blown glass, pink-striped bauble that used to belong to my parents. Ever since I was a girl, I thought it was the most beautiful ornament we owned. My sweet mom gave it to Phillip and me the first Christmas of our marriage (along with several other old favorites).

Joy claims not to have a favorite ornament, but she thinks the snowflakes make handy, multi-purpose decorations.

Daniel likes any ornaments he can pull off the lower half of our tree.

Spot says, "What's an ornament? And why is an elf sitting on my tank??"

No comments: