Monday, July 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend

We've done a lot of family birthday partying the last few days.

On Saturday my parents, Heather, and Sean joined us for dinner to celebrate my birthday. Afterward, Papa introduced Joy to the time-honored family game:

"Standing on Dad's Hands" (creative title, eh?)

Papa insisted that since he's been going to the gym lately, he could pick up Heather, too.

Heather seemed less than confident of this, but everybody emerged from the experience unscathed.

On Sunday we joined Mom H and Laura for a second Kimberly birthday party. We shared sumptuous fare . . .

. . . and a Gameboy tournament. :)

Monday we attended another birthday celebration, this time for Grandpa (pictured here with two of his fine sons).

Of course there was another yummy dinner involved. I'm not quite sure why people like to celebrate with food, but I certainly have no objection to the practice.

We also did a little splashing in the pool before everyone else arrived. It was a welcome relief from the increasingly hot weather. Say what you like about "June gloom"--I miss it.

3 comments:

Liesl said...

Happy Birthday!! I totally agree with you that food is a great way to celebrate. Yum!!

Serena said...

Happy birthday your a great mom and wife, and have a beautiful family, what a great present!

nathan n rachel said...

I love food at birthdays!