Friday, February 27, 2009

Sibling Bonding

We're approaching our fourth week as a four-member family, and sleep deprivation aside we all seem to be adapting pretty well. My biggest concern was that Joy would see Daniel as unwelcome competition, but so far she thinks he's pretty nifty. Not as nifty as board books and finger puppets, of course, but frankly who is?

Most of the time Joy and Daniel are each content to do their own thing, but sometimes Joy gets curious about baby activities and decides to give them a try.

She occasionally likes to sit in Daniel's seat, for example (we made sure to get one that holds up to 40 pounds), . . .

. . . and she even asked me to swaddle her once. I guess she really wanted to know what it feels like to be a baby (or an egg roll).

5 comments:

Sheree in GA said...

How precious!

Nicole Shelby said...

Isn't it amazing? I love watching my munchkins together...there is something so indefinable about it. Like peeking over a wall into a magic garden.

Jill Walker said...

That is so hilarious! What a great picture and moment. I remember your mother teaching me how to swaddle Christine. It saved me!

Natalie said...

I love sibling love. And that swaddling picture is cute!

Vicky Durham said...

How fun they are getting along so great already!!