Thursday, January 29, 2009

Latest Joy News

Sorry we haven't posted in a while. For those of you still checking our blog (translation: Joy's grandparents), here's what Little Girl's been up to lately.

Joy received a big puzzle for Christmas, and for a while she was content to let us assemble it (over and over and over). Before long, though, our increasingly independent toddler insisted on putting it together HERSELF. At first this resulted in considerable frustration for all parties, but practice does make perfect and Joy can now easily put the whole thing together on her own. Way to go, Joy!

Joy also enjoys having us read to her. Here Daddy is instructing her (and nearly all the stuffed animals we own) on proper dragon identification.

Joy's also getting ready to become a big sister in a month or so. When Baby Joshua recently paid us a visit, Joy loved helping me give him his bottle. We hope this trend of kindness toward babies will continue when her little brother joins us.

So there you have it. All things considered, life's good. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I am SO impressed that she can put that puzzle together. Way to go, Joy!

I hope the pregnancy is going well for you!

Sheree in GA said...

What a neat looking puzzle. Who makes it?

Liesl said...

She's getting so big!! Wow! (And I'm not her grandparents, but I still check your blog.)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Lisa, I'm happy to say the pregnancy is going smoothly. Since I'm now in the final month there are a few more aches and pains, but it's easy to bear them when I remember what some of my friends have gone through. I hear bed rest gets pretty old after the first twenty minutes.

Aunt Sheree, the puzzle's maker is "Melissa and Doug." You can find it on amazon.com by searching: "farm friends" puzzle.

Liesl, I'm touched that you check our blog, non-grandparentness notwithstanding. :)

Janie said...

She is so cute - I loved that last picture of her. :) She is getting so big!

I can't wait to see the posts after her little brother joins the family. Good luck the rest of your pregnancy!

Caitlin said...

I love "Melissa and Doug"puzzles and I am very impressed with her puzzle skills. Good luck with 2! I am sure you will all transition smoothly. There is nothing like having a newborn in your home. It's hard to remember when mine were so tiny!