Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Semi-Natural Wonders

I love free day at the Arboretum.

You might also call it "Mommy and Me Day," since so many moms from church brought their kids to enjoy the sights.

Kerri suggested we meet at the Catawampus, a couple of funky structures woven from living saplings. Joy and I had fun exploring the rooms and passageways, and we even played a little hide and seek, though I never left her in much doubt where I had hidden.

Speaking of semi-natural wonders, I thought the waterfall was pretty cool, but Joy was more interested in the stairs next to it.

I also liked seeing the little, organic herb garden . . .

. . . and the big (non-organic?) herb garden.

Back home in our own little arboretum, the beans are blooming. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

how FUN! and those beans are dang cute!!

Serena said...

I forgot to ask last time, where is the abotorium? The beans look great! Go Kim.