Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out and About

Joy and I went on a little Metro train adventure today.

"Is the train here yet?"

You'll notice Joy isn't wearing any socks. Since it's so warm out, she decided to go barefoot and work on her wicked sock-tan.

Between errands, we stopped to smell the flowers. I love Chinese magnolias - the sight of all these big pink blossoms in the middle of winter always makes me happy.

Joy was all smiles in the See's Chocolate shop. Like mother, like daughter.


Something tells me we're getting close to naptime. Time to head home . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are called Chinese magnolias? I was on the UCLA campus last week and saw those flowers, and the very architectural bushes the flowers had blossomed on, and took pictures of them myself! Gorgeous.

Nicole Shelby said...

wonderful!
the chinese magnolias are beautiful. and what a brave mom you are, going on an adventure...

Jodi Jean said...

awesome, looks like a great day!

Christine said...

You have no idea how jealous I am of your weather! I would give anything to just be able to take the kids for a walk! It looks like you had a fun day....how can you not when you go to Sees!

Serena said...

Lauren loves Sees candy. She will use the money she earns to buy her chocolate. It's alway's fun to adventure.

Sheree in GA said...

I surprised everyone this year with Valentine candy from See's. Their shipping costs were outrageous. Maybe if your Mom reads this, she will offer to mail it to me for my next order!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Lauren is a woman after my own heart. :)

Heidi said...

Yeah...I knew you were realated to the Hendricksons now...I think I had forgot...it is a small world!

I love the pictures and Joy is SO super cute! Isnt it fun!