Friday, July 29, 2022

Youth Camp 2022

Joy and Daniel had youth camp this week.
Like last year, the girls got the campsite for the first few days, 
then the boys got it for the rest of the week.


Joy and the other young women decorated pillowcases
to make their camp bunks look more inviting. :)


I drove Daniel and some of the other boys up to camp yesterday,
then I drove Joy and some of the girls home.
The boys spent the ride up looking at videos on their phones and barely saying a word.
The girls spent the drive home discussing dances and poetry,
and giving each other tips and encouragement about novels they are working on.
I was so engrossed in the conversation that I made a wrong turn and almost drove us to Boston,
but no one seemed to mind that the trip took 20 minutes longer than it should have.


Daniel doubted he would have much fun at camp,
but a friend sent me this picture of him having a good time at the archery range.
I hope he enjoys the rest of the activities too.

No comments: