Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Zippy Anniversary

Phillip and I celebrated our anniversary this week, and we decided to commemorate eleven years of marriage with a romantic getaway . . .


. . . zip lining in Hot Springs.


Neither of us had ever been zip lining before, and though the first "bunny slope" line had a low tower and a shallow angle, it was still hard to convince my brain that stepping off into thin air was a good idea.  I sat down in my harness, gingerly eased myself off the platform . . . and after surviving that first attempt I wasn't scared a bit.


 Soon enough we were zipping through the trees having a grand time.


Half the fun was blithely brushing past "Warning! Keep Off!" signs to traverse a narrow log bridge . . . 

. . . or a swaying suspension bridge high above a stream . . .


. . . so we could zip through the forest some more.  Thanks for sharing this adventure with me, Sweetheart--both the zip line tour and our eleven-year journey.  Here's to many more years and ultimately eternity together. 

No comments: