Thursday, November 13, 2014

Seasonal Decor and Crumby Faces

I love decorating our home for the holidays this time of year.  Most of our decorations came from a store and are used year after year . . . 


. . . but some are more natural and temporary, like these colorful leaves the kids and I brought home today, or the little pumpkins (I think it would be fun to grow our own in a garden some day).


I also bought an amaryllis bulb this week, just like my mom has done for more years than I can remember.  Those flowers always make me think of home and Christmastime.  Hopefully ours will bloom around Christmas next month.


On a different note, the kids and I made peanut butter cookies this evening.  They turned out a little crumbly (I think I made the dough too wet), but the kids still enjoyed them . . .


. . . almost as much as they enjoyed making silly faces for the camera.

No comments: