Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mama the Hairdresser

I've been cutting Daniel's hair for a few years now, but I've never quite had the nerve to cut the girls' hair.  Boy cuts are pretty straightforward, but girl cuts require a little more know-how and finesse.

Still, desperate times call for desperate measures.  The friend from church who used to cut Joy's hair moved away in spring, and I dreaded the thought of taking all four kids to a salon, so today I grabbed some scissors, turned on one of Joy's favorite movies, and prayed for help.  I've watched people cut her hair enough that I figured I could manage on my own, but it's wise to hedge that kind of bet.


The haircut took two or three times as long as I'd expected, but I think it turned out pretty well.  I'll probably even do it again in a few months when she needs a trim.  The only trouble is that I can't remember which way I angled the scissors to get things to look right.  I may have to consult my friend YouTube before my next attempt.

No comments: