Saturday, October 26, 2013

Big New Additions

About a week ago, I connected our camera to the computer to import photos for the first half of October . . . and there weren't any.  I think that's mainly because our red Chrysler bit the dust at the end of September, and the quest for a replacement vehicle kind of consumed our lives for the next few weeks.  Long story short . . .

 

. . . we've joined the minivan club.  Our whole family loves the extra space, but I'm still getting used to how huge it is.


Speaking of big new additions, this box arrived on our doorstep a few days ago.  The kids were content to use it as a seat or a jungle gym, . . .


. . . but its actual identity was "bunk bed component container."  Joy gets the top bunk, Daniel gets the bottom, and Anna gets the big crib (which Daniel has occupied until this week - don't tell the kids at preschool).  Anna's former bed (our portacrib) will move to our bedroom just in time for Baby Boy to start using it in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

Siobhan said...

I love the picture of you modeling the new van! You look awesome. Mikey really wants a van, but I've vetoed that plan. Convenient, yes. Too huge? Also yes. I admire your sense of vehicle adventure!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

It helps that I had two years to make peace with the van idea. We considered getting a minivan back when we were expecting Anna, and I really didn't love the idea. We found the big Chrysler sedan before we reached a decision and it was big enough for three car seats, so we put the van question on hold for a couple years.

By the time Todd came into the picture, I'd gotten used to the fact that a van really did make sense for a family our size. If we were just a family of four, like you guys, I'd have vetoed it, too, and held out for a Prius. :)

Rachel Culmer said...

Mini vans are the best! Enjoy.

Phillip said...

@Siobhan - you'll change your tune (about a van) when/if you get to the 4+ children stage of life...

@Rachel - minivans are only the best because I have a bike to ride the other 95% of the time...