Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Cake

This morning my doctor did an ultrasound to confirm that Little Baby is healthy and all systems are operational.  She also answered a question that has been on my mind for months: are we going to have a boy or a girl?


I've heard of parents using a cake with a pink or blue interior to announce their baby's gender to family members, and I thought that would be a fun way to share the big news with our kids.  I baked a cake this afternoon, then after family home evening I explained to the kids how the cake would tell us whether they'd get a new brother or sister.  Both Joy and Daniel guessed it would be pink . . .


. . . but they were still really excited when they found out a little brother is coming to our family.  We're all looking forward to meeting him in four months. :)