Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Matching Game, with a Twist and a Cake

For our home evening activity this week . . .


. . . we played a matching game to see if the kids could match up their ultrasound picture with their baby picture.


We then added a fourth ultrasound picture (taken yesterday), and asked who that might be.  Joy glanced at my tummy a few times, then finally guessed correctly.


In case you're not quite sure, here's a big hint (yes, I know--my cake skills are awesome).


We're excited to announce that a new baby will be joining our family sometime around Halloween!  Joy was so thrilled with the news that she took the ultrasound picture for show and tell at school today (her teacher later congratulated me, and said it's been the most interesting show and tell they've had all year).  Joy has also been sharing the news with every friend, neighbor, and random store clerk we encounter.  I'm glad she's so excited. :)

2 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

My Mom told me a while ago. Congrats!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - I'm a LITTLE behind with my posting. Trying to catch up before Baby Dear arrives (whereupon I'll fall right behind again, I'm sure). :)