Saturday, December 29, 2012

Flurries and Chains

Around lunch time today, we noticed some tiny snowflakes starting to fall from the sky.


Joy hurried to the window to watch the little flurries land on the deck.


Before long, those flurries had a lot of friends joining them.  The snowfall soon let up, though, so Phillip and I decided to take a drive and visit some friends.  Of course, a few minutes after we set out the snow returned with a vengeance, and soon Phillip and I had to stop and figure out how to get our heretofore unused snow chains onto our tires.  It was a bonding experience, let me tell you.


I'm happy to report that we made it back to the cabin (and later down the mountain) safely.  In the meantime, Joy was able to collect her very own snowball off the driveway.  I believe it's currently residing in Grandma's freezer.

No comments: