Monday, August 15, 2011

Joy and Calvin

Joy is a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes.* I have several old C&H treasuries, and I view her interest in them with equal parts nostalgia and trepidation (Calvin is very entertaining, but as a parent I'm realizing he isn't the greatest role model).

Joy likes looking at the pictures on her own, . . .

. . . or having me read her a few pages.

She'll even "read" C&H to Daniel, if he'll hold still long enough, . . .

. . . though he usually prefers board books.

When she isn't reading, Joy likes to plink around on the piano (usually either "Praise to the Man" or some little tune of her own creation) . . .

. . . or practice flying.

*Just a heads up: The comic archive I linked to has great examples of C&H strips, but the commentator has a potty mouth.

No comments: