Monday, May 24, 2010

Doves

A few weeks ago, a pair of mourning doves built a nest in one of the shrubs in our apartment complex. Their two little chicks are now out of the nest, but apparently they aren't quite ready to face the big, bad, outside world.

Instead, they've begun hanging out among my container garden pots. Is that the bird equivalent of living in your parents' basement after you graduate?

Today I noticed that the nest is still occupied. I'm not sure whether this is the same mother caring for a second round of eggs, or whether she has moved on and this is a new mom making use of the existing nest. Either way, it's fun to see her as we walk by.

3 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

Birds remind me of Bonehead. I love birds!

Serena said...

too cute

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Good old Bonehead. I kinda miss that bird.