Friday, February 19, 2010

Maternal Instinct

Joy's really into mothering her doll these days, possibly because she spends most of her time hanging around another mom (i.e. yours truly). I suppose if she hung out with a cowboy she'd be lassoing and branding her teddy bears instead.

Anyway, back to the mothering thing.

Joy loves to put her baby to bed (on a comfy mattress of giant Legos), . . .

. . . brush his teeth (with genuine brush), . . .

. . . and occasionally wear him in a sling like Mama wears Daniel.

Incidentally, I recently sold my Baby Bjorn and a few other dust-collecting items on Craig's List, and bought an Ergo baby carrier. It places Daniel's (prodigious) weight on my hips rather than my shoulders and upper back, so I can carry him longer and more comfortably. He also has an easier time napping in it at church. I'll still keep the Maya Wrap for when our future babies are newborns, but once they grow big enough to make my shoulder sore they'll be graduating to the Ergo.

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

That's cute.

Serena said...

I love the sling, lauren and sofia haven't done that LOL Maybe because i didn't. She looks just like you with it.