Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tamping

Long ago in a galaxy far away, I was really into rubber stamping. My ink pads have long since dried out but I still have most of the stamps, and it recently occurred to me that Joy might enjoy using them. I bought her a washable ink pad for Christmas, and now scarcely a day goes by when she doesn't ask to spend some time "tamping."

Allow The Joyful One to demonstrate:

Step One: Select your stamp.

Step Two: Ink it up.

Step Three: Press it down on the paper.

Step Four: Lift it up (this works best if you extend a finger in a small flourish).

Wasn't that fun? :)

5 comments:

Siobhan said...

I remember some of your stamp creations...a certain arrogant wizard, I believe. :)

Though you may be too humble to admit it, you were pretty good with those things. Time for Mommy and Me stamping projects, perhaps?

nathan n rachel said...

I remember the stamps! Oh boy...those were the days.

Natalie said...

Hmmm...now I'm wondering what happened to my stamps because I bet my girls would love them too. Hmmm. They're probably in my parents' house somewhere.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Vonnie - Yes the wizard was one of my favorites. It's been fun to play around and prod my sluggish creativity back into action.

Serena said...

Too cute she did that really good. We love stamping too, I think we have too many now LOL