Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pumpkin Cookie Season Is Now Open

Today is the autumnal equinox: the day of the year when nights stop being shorter than days (equinox = "equal night"), and autumn officially begins. It is a time honored tradition (translation: I started doing it two years ago as an excuse to make goodies . . . like I need an excuse) that I bake the year's first batch of pumpkin cookies on this day.

Mmmmm . . . pumpkin cookies.

As luck would have it, Mother Nature decided to start a Santa Ana Wind heat wave this week. When Phillip informed me yesterday that it was going to be nearly 100 degrees today, I said something to the effect of, "Shoot! I'm supposed to bake pumpkin cookies tomorrow, but if I fire up the oven we'll all roast!" Phillip looked momentarily crestfallen, then replied, "Well, just make sure you bake them in the morning." Wise man.

3 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

That sounds like something Nathan would say.

Desi said...

I don't know if I've mentioned enough how much I LOVE those cookies... will you please post your recipe?? Oh, how I miss those cookies.... and you guys too of course :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Desi,

You can find that recipe at http://knph.net/pumpkin_cookies.aspx on our family website (which we haven't updated in forever).

We miss you guys, too. Hope army life is treating you well.