Monday, December 22, 2008

Schlepping Three People

Remember in the Princess Bride when Vizzini scolds Fezzik the Giant for not climbing the rope fast enough, and Fezzik points out that he is hauling three extra people up the cliff with him? That’s kind of how I felt walking up the hill near Trader Joe’s last week.


With Joy in the stroller, Taylor in the sling, and “Hezekiah” in my tummy, I was technically moving three additional people up the hill with me. It was quite a workout, but at least we’re no longer out of necessary foodstuffs (i.e. butter, cocoa powder, and peppermint bark).

Incidentally, I borrowed the Maya Wrap sling from a friend to give it a try with Taylor, and I definitely plan to invest in one of my own before Baby Boy arrives. Taylor found it very soothing most of the time, and it was nice to have my hands free while I carried her. I probably wouldn't wear it on long walks, but when we took short strolls with Joy it was nice to be able to follow my toddler wherever she rambled, without having to worry about getting a stroller up and down steps, etc.

3 comments:

Jill Walker said...

You don't have any snow to trudge through! How boring can that be?!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Sometimes boring is good. :)

Jill Walker said...

Kimberly, I have your picture you sent in your Christmas card on my fridge and I look at it every day. I just have to tell you what a sweet feeling I get when I look at it. I can just tell how happy you are and that you and Phillip have a great relationship and that you love that darling, precious girl. I know you both are striving to live the way our Heavenly Father would want and that you are teaching that to Joy. I see so many marriages breaking up and it is so wonderful to know that you are happy and good things are happening. Thanks for sharing and including me in your life! Love Ya!