Thursday, March 25, 2021

Lookout Rock

The kids and I branched out this afternoon . . . 


. . . and tried a new trail over on Oak Hill. (Don't ask me why Joy is only wearing one sock; I don't know.)


The trail went up past a large water tower . . .


. . . to Lookout Rock, which is one of the highest spots in our area.


We admired the impressive view, then Joy asked if she could climb down a twenty-foot cliff nearby.  I really didn't want our pleasant outing to end with an ambulance ride (memorable though that would be), so I said no.


Joy and her shirt thought I was overreacting.  I try to support my firstborn's adventurous streak most of the time, but in this case I felt the risk outweighed the fun potential, especially since I was the only parent on hand to help out if something went wrong.  Joy had to settle for the adventure of choosing a different trail for us to follow back down to the car.


Then we drove home and ate sliders in the screened porch.  Hooray for warm spring weather!

No comments: