Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Hopeful Signs

We've loved the flexibility and fun memories of homeschooling, but as life edges steadily back toward normality, we've decided that it would be best for our kids' education and social development if they went back to public school in fall.  To that end, I went to four different schools today to register the kids for the next school year.


I started at the high school ('cuz my firstborn child's gonna be a freshman next year!), and I saw clear signs . . .


. . . that life isn't normal yet.


I saw heartening things too, like the happy faces and flowers someone painted in the high school parking lot . . .


. . . spring flowers poking their leaves up out of the ground . . . 


. . . and these messages on a school bulletin board:

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them.  They went out and happened to things." (Leonardo da Vinci)

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." (Mark Twain)

No comments: