Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Tennis 101

Our family has been clumsily swatting tennis balls around since we lived in Arkansas, but none of us except Daddy had any clue what they were doing.  I've always thought it would be fun to actually learn how to play well, so when a friend told me about a teacher who offers great group rates in the middle of the day . . .


. . . I signed the kids and me up for tennis classes!  One of the perks of homeschooling is that we can choose how and when we do P.E. :)


It was a little challenging for the teacher to instruct five people with such different ages and levels of experience.  On the one hand, you have a teenager who took some tennis lessons last year and has a basic grasp of the game.  On the other hand, you have a six-year-old who doesn't yet have the motor skills to swing a racket properly.


The teacher and I were still considering how to strike the right balance for everyone, especially the bored and very vocal teenager, but the rest of us learned helpful things and had a good time.  I'm sure we'll get our lesson plan streamlined soon enough, and I'm looking forward to next week's class.

No comments: