Monday, May 31, 2021

The Word Nerd Is Delayed

I was supposed to fly home today, but I made the mistake of booking a connecting flight through Dallas, which can have flight-cancelling weather any time of year.  Flash flood warnings in Texas stranded me in California this morning, so instead of spending the day riding airplanes, I got to spend more time with my mom and sister. No complaints from this quarter!


Mom drove me to Heather's place so I could see her new house and meet her horses . . .


. . . and goats. :)


Then Mom and I spent the evening working on what quickly became my favorite puzzle ever.  It's a circle with 100 cool words in a fun variety of colors and fonts.  Every time one of us completed a word, we would call it out.  "Flummox!  Hodgepodge!  Curmudgeon!"  It was word nerd heaven, I tell you!

No comments: