Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Free Vegan Candy

When Phillip arrived home from the grocery store this evening,
he mentioned that they were giving away all of their Valentine candy for free
('cuz no one' wants to buy Valentine treats after Feb 14).
Free candy?  I had to check that out.


The pickings were pretty slim by the time I arrived,
but I saw a few bars of vegan chocolate that piqued my curiosity.
I figured I had nothing to lose, so I brought them home and we gave them a try.


The texture was a little odd (kind of crunchy, actually) . . .


. . . and it wasn't quite as yummy as the Valentine box of See's from Red Grandma,
but it was still pretty good, and we enjoyed trying something new.

And hey, since it's vegan and unrefined, that makes it healthy chocolate, right?
(Don't answer that.)

No comments: