Sunday, May 14, 2023

A House for Reese

Our downy little baby chicks . . .


. . . are growing into scruffy, gangly teenagers.
I've noticed that Reese* shakes her head a lot,
possibly because it feels weird to have fluffy down
sticking out from her head in every direction.


 We've made a lot of progress with the coop.
Now it's time to start on the chicken run in front of it.


Don't worry, Mary.
We'll finish your chicken tractor soon
so you can move out of the fancy box in our living room.

*I always assumed this bird's name was spelled "Reesey,"
but my kids INSIST that it's spelled "Reese."
When I asked them how they would spell it so that readers would know
to pronounce the name "REE-see,"
I got a different answer from each child.

Joy: Reesee
Daniel: Reesie
Anna: Reesey
Todd: I don't know
Joy: Actually, now that I've thought about it, spelling it Reesee makes more sense than Reese.
Anna: No!

So I just went with "Reese" in the post above,
and a really ridiculously long footnote down here at the bottom.

No comments: