Sunday, October 25, 2020

Church and Cookies

 This morning . . .


. . . I got out my fancy hairpin . . .


. . . and put on my fancy shoes, because today was the first day in many months that our whole family went to church together! 

After the shutdown in March, there were no in-person church meetings at all for several months.  Then, when in-person meetings started again, the attendance limit was just 25, and we didn't feel right taking up a quarter of those slots when other people wanted or needed to be in the chapel more than we did.  So, aside from the time Phillip and I attended with Anna back in September, we've stuck to watching church via Zoom.

Since the attendance limit for in-person church was recently raised from 25 to 50, we decided it would be good for our family to start attending a couple times each month.  It was a bit of an adjustment for some of our kids to sit quietly through a whole sacrament meeting again, but on the whole it was a sweet, uplifting experience for our family.  Funny how things feel more like a treat when you don't get to do them very often.


Speaking of treats, when I came home from visiting a friend this afternoon, I discovered that the kids had baked pillowy sugar cookies while I was gone.  The house smelled delicious!


They had even frosted and decorated many of the cookies, including a few squishmallows.  Of course.

No comments: