Monday, July 31, 2017

A Treat Train and a Whistlepig

I feel like our summer vacation lately has been one continual round of laundry, grocery runs, and other mundane activities, so today I was determined to get out and go to a park.


We got to the van and discovered that Daniel had no shoes on.  It reminded me of the time my family drove someplace for a vacation, and arrived to find that my brother Rob hadn't worn or packed any shoes.  At least today I only had to jog a few hundred yards back to the house to get Daniel's flip flops.


At the park the three younger kids had a fun time on the jungle gym . . .


. . . while Joy and her toy Creeper made a beeline for the nearest climbable tree.


At one point, Daniel told me he had seen a "beaver," and when I went over to have a look I discovered that he had seen a marmot (also known as a woodchuck, groundhog, or--my personal favorite--whistlepig).


At home this evening, we set up our big electrical train . . .


. . . and delivered treats to each other.  It was a nice way to wrap up July.  On to August!

No comments: